That's it, it's summer ! And its share of small insects of all kinds that come to devour our skin ... Mosquitoes, bees or wasps, we tell you how to prevent bites and calm them!
Did you know that mosquitoes females bite for food and the development of their eggs? When they bite, they leave their saliva in the skin to better ingest their meal. Result: the skin produces antibodies and a pimple appears.
What attracts them is not the light, but the carbon dioxide that we breathe out and that they can detect from afar. They then choose their prey based on body odor and heat. We are therefore not all the same when it comes to mosquitoes and some skin types are more attractive to them than others.
For example, blood group O, pregnant women or overweight people because their body temperature is higher and they reject more carbon dioxide, sportsmen for their sweat, drinking a beer, or the colorful clothes that excite them .
How to protect yourself from their bites?
- Cover your entire body, including your arms and ankles, with loose, thick clothing.
- Soak your clothes with 1 to 2 drops of essential oil of rose geranium or lemon eucalyptus (watch out for stains!).
- Outside and inside, burn a candle or a serpentine with anti-must essential oils: lemongrass of java, lemon eucalyptus, rose geranium, exotic basil. You can also flavor your shower gel with 25 drops of one of these essential oils per 100 mL of product.
- Run a fan, mosquitoes hate wind and fresh air!
How not to scratch yourself?
- Soothe with a compress of apple cider vinegar
- Massage the button with a little aloe vera several times a day
- Add 2 drops of pure lavender aspic essential oil and massage. To be renewed twice within 2 hours, for children over 4 years old. For the little ones, 1 drop of Calendula oil with 1 drop of super lavender essential oil
Against bees, wasps and hornets, the latter are attracted to sugar, so avoid leaving the jars of jam open. If they are very close to you, above all, do not make sudden movements, because they sting when they feel attacked. Blow away them, they don't like the wind.
In case of sting, first remove the sting with tweezers before proceeding to treatment, as it is the sting that diffuses the venom.
Then rub the skin with an ice cube to numb it. Then 2 drops of essential oil of lavender aspic on the bite. To renew 2 to 3 times in the 2 hours which follow.
This article was written with the help of the book by Julien Kaibeck, founder of the association Slow Cosmétique: "I take care of my skin naturally".